Tips & Tricks: Boujee Home On A Budget

Hello my loves. Happy New Year and welcome back to my blog! Hope you are all having a great start to the new year. Pantone colour of the year is "Ultra Violet"....so my year is already looking bright. Fun fact about me, I love the colour purple/violet, well it shares a space in my heart with pink. Thank God I still don't dress in both colours though lol. 

For today's blogpost, I'm drawing inspiration actually from a fashion related video I came across on YouTube by Patricia Bright. "How to look expensive and boujee on a budget". However, I'm turning things around and talking about how to make your home look expensive on a budget. Lets dive right into it. 

  1. Keep it Clean: no matter how much you spend on interior decor, there's nothing boujee or expensive looking about an untidy home. always try to declutter your space. Make it a habit to put things away as soon as you are done using them. I find that if you leave things to the side and let procrastination be your friend, that's how you start to build up a mess. Cleanliness is Key folks and it only costs you a few minutes!
  2. Let the flowers bloom: a lot of people do not know this, but fresh flowers make such a big difference. They not only smell nice and inviting but also add a splash of colour into your home. One of the easiest way to add a little bit of class to your home in my opinion. 
  3. Hang Curtains: there's something about curtains and the vibe they add to a room. there's this element of sophistication that comes with curtains. Am i right? If you don't agree with me, leave a comment below and let me know your thoughts. Don't just pick up a bunch or curtains and hang them any which way lol. Make sure you wash and iron them so they look neat and appealing to the eye. 
  4. Hang the TV: TV stands take up quite a bit of space. one of the easiest ways to make your living room look sparsely furnished is to get that TV off the floor and unto the wall. Trust me, you cannot go wrong with this. 
  5. DIY your way to heaven: DIYs are an effective way to cut cost. Love marble but do not want to spend all that dough on a marble table top, get contact paper with a marble print design and cover up the surface of your choice. 

There you have it guys! 5 tips and tricks to a boujee home for less. If you have any tips or tricks that you've applied before or if any of the tips I've shared have worked for you in the past, please leave a comment below and let me know.

Share and Comment! Thank you!!

Nena.

Image: sophiepatersoninteriors.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts